We are looking for hardworking people to help with vegetable/seedling production starting around March 1 here’s what we need help with:
- Seeding, watering, fertilizing and culling in the nursery.
- Bed preparation, planting, pruning, harvesting, and washing vegetables in the high tunnels.
- Preparation and merchandising of vegetables for sale.
- Washing eggs
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. easily and often and okay with working in the NC heat and humidity of early Summer and Fall.
- Approximately 10 hours/week March-June and September-November
- The right person must be okay with working on their own with direction/instruction.
- Must have a clean background check. This is a drug-free workplace.
Here’s what we offer:
-$12/hour+ per hour depending on real farm experience
Here’s the lowdown on our farm:
- In Snow Camp, NC (approx. 1 mile from Yesterday’s Grill).
- Organic practices, although not certified (fingers crossed it will happen in 2023).
- We have produce, a nursery, orchard, and animals (goats, sheep, laying chickens and lamb) and a non-profit seedling program.
- We take July and August off from selling to wholesale and retail customers. We do continue to grow food for ourselves so if you want to volunteer little time in the gardens you can continue getting the CSA benefit at no cost.
- We close our growing season December 1-February 28th
Email us with interest, questions, or a resume to email@example.com